This 1 day Confined Space (High Risk) course is intended for persons nominated to work in or at Confined Spaces where work has been assessed and classified as Medium Risk.
Pre-Course Requirements: All delegates should be physically fit and capable of wearing Escape BA.
Course Content: Delivered in accordance with the Confined Space Regulations 1997, successful completion of the course leads to an understanding of:
- Identifying a Confined Space and its hazards
- The legal requirements
- Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work
- Equipment required to enter a Confined Space, including Gas Monitoring equipment, Tripods and Winches and ancillary safety equipment such as harnesses, ropes, lifelines.
- The use of open circuit (CABA) Escape Breathing Apparatus
- Personal Protective Equipment and Hygiene
- Examination, testing and maintenance of equipment
- Ventilation and the avoidance of unsafe atmospheres
- Communication and entry procedures
- Training and personnel requirements
- Practical training and exercises
Training Methods: All theoretical training is re-enforced by demonstrations and practical exercises. There is no written examination but continuous instructor assessment is made throughout.
Certification: A Certificate of Competence will be issued on successful completion of the full course. This certificate is valid for 3 years and is available as an A4 paper or credit card style version.
Agenda available for download