This half day Confined Space (Low Risk) course is intended for persons nominated to work in or at Confined Spaces where work has been assessed and classified as NC1 or NC2 (Low Risk).
Pre-Course Requirements: All delegates should be physically fit.
Course Content: Delivered in accordance with the Confined Space Regulations 1997, successful completion of the course leads to an understanding of:
- Identifying a Confined Space and its hazards
- The legal requirements
- Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work
- Equipment required to enter a Confined Space, including Gas Monitoring equipment, Tripods and Winches and ancillary safety equipment such as harnesses, ropes, lifelines.
- Personal Protective Equipment and Hygiene
- Examination, testing and maintenance of equipment
- Ventilation and the avoidance of unsafe atmospheres
- Communication and entry procedures
- Training and personnel requirements
- Practical training and exercises
Training Methods: All theoretical training is re-enforced by demonstrations and practical exercises. There is no written examination but continuous instructor assessment is made throughout.
Certification: A Certificate of Competence will be issued on successful completion of the full course. This certificate is valid for 3 years and is available as an A4 paper or credit card style version.
Agenda available for dowload