This 2 day Confined Space (High Risk) course is intended for persons nominated to work in or at Confined Spaces where work has been assessed and classified as High Risk. These spaces are, primarily, substantially enclosed and where there is a potentially hazardous working environment and where Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) is required, or potentially required, to be worn.
Pre-Course Requirements: All delegates should be physically fit and capable of wearing Escape BA and SCBA.
Course Content: Delivered in accordance with the Confined Space Regulations 1997, successful completion of the course leads to an understanding of:
- Identifying a Confined Space and its hazards
- The legal requirements
- Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work
- Equipment required to enter a Confined Space, including Gas Monitoring equipment, Tripods and Winches and ancillary safety equipment such as harnesses, ropes, lifelines.
- The use of open circuit (CABA) Escape Breathing Apparatus and SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus)
- Personal Protective Equipment and Hygiene
- Examination, testing and maintenance of equipment
- Ventilation and the avoidance of unsafe atmospheres
- Communication and entry procedures
- Training and personnel requirements
- Practical training and exercises
Training Methods: All theoretical training is re-enforced by demonstrations and practical exercises. There is no written examination but continuous instructor assessment is made throughout.
Certification: A Certificate of Competence will be issued on successful completion of the full course. This certificate is valid for 3 years and is available as an A4 paper or credit card style version.
Agenda available for download