The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 requires that those working at height be fully trained in the use of Safety Harnesses.
The aim of this Basic Height Awareness & Harness Appreciation and Inspection of Harnesses and Lanyards course is to ensure that all personnel are aware of the legal and best practice requirements when using fall protection equipment and are aware of their responsibilities.
On completion of this course personnel should be able to:
- Understand the effects of gravity and its consequences
- To be aware of some of the legislation with affects working at height and fall protection equipment
- Understand hazard analysis and risk assessments with regards to work at height
- Understand the need for a rescue plan
- Recognise the importance of inspection the equipment
- Affect a detailed inspection of the equipment
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the three types of fall protection systems and the components used
Registration is with OTS (Operator Training Services); own in house certification
OTS licence covers:
- Covers 5 year period
- A4 Certificate
Agenda available for download